Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Radiation, Training and Friends

I went to see the oncologist today and the news is good, but also not good. The fact that the tumor has metastised (recurred or spread) is not particularly good news, but we caught it early and it is still relatively small. So it can be radiated and it should be succesful. But I will have to actively search for new growths and be vigilant. I will discuss this with my good radiologist friend, Conrad.
In the meantime I will train at a medium pace and try and maintain a decent level of fitness. The stitches will all come out on Thursday (14 days) and I will see if I can get some time on a bike going somewhere over the weekend, in stead of the indoor trainer version. I am amazed at the speed of recovery and the relative fitness level must have something to do with it.

I cannot thank my friends and family enough for the amount of support I get. Literally hundreds of SMSes and emails, phonecalls and even visits, flowers, prayers, get well soon delicatessens, etc... Thanks, you make it easy to carry this burden! In the mean time, I make as if nothing is wrong and go full speed ahead, I must just remember not to sneeze. That is bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment