Christmas 2011 flew past, new years was a blur and the pace is relentless. I think it will be foolish to pack away the Christmas decorations to far...
So what happened since my last post?
- My shoulder got better and then one night I slept through without feeling it and then it was gone. The pain, not my shoulder.
- We had a few lovely kuiers and cycles in Empangeni with My sister and Swarry.
- We had a lovely New Year's party and kuier with The Pretty One's family on Hoogland and we cycled a bit.
- Then it was work and cycle and work and cycle...
- I tried a bit of running for some impact training and decided against it, so I went back to the squash court for the first time since September 2008. It certainly worked some muscles that gets very lazy by just cycling and I think that for now this is the right sort of cross-training. I will just have to live with the fact that I will not be able to play at my BC level again. (Before Cancer).
- I am getting fitter and stronger every time I ride and pretty soon I will be at the same level as The Pretty One - Just unfit, not Chemo Pathetic. Then I can start to work on my fitness...
So how about a few photos...
|The Scenic route to Empangeni|
|Lekker Mountain Biking|
|Swarry, Elbie and Kids|
|Granny and ...|
|Gordy Poo, Lover, Peet, Jenny Penny, Elbie (My Sister), Swarry, Anizeg, Granny Gezina, The Pretty One, and Me sans hair (in my Chemo disguise)|