This must be rebuilt completely so as not to leave any component weak. It must last at least 4000km or maybe even 6000. So I will post regularly as the process unfolds.
What have I done so far.
- The bike is stripped completely until the bare frame was all that was left.
- The front and rear shocks (ok front fork) was sent to Johan Bornman for a complete service.
- I rebuilt the rear triangle by replacing all 8 bearings as well as the nuts and bolts keeping the bearings in place. (It is called a pivot set) It is now smooth, very smooth.
- I replaced the bottom bracket bearings with new ones.
- I replaced the headset bearings with new ones.
- The front deraileur is OK and will remain as is
That is it for now.