Monday, September 26, 2011

chemo 12

Chemo 13
Chemo 11
27 Sep, Tue - Last week Tuesday was the last "normal" day and on Wednesday morning I left early for Wilgers Hospital to draw blood for a white blood cell count. The count was good and chemo was started. The pattern is predictable. Wednesday I am OK. Thursday I start to feel groggy and by Thursday evening the foul taste and smell is back and.the funny feeling on the tummy area is starting to become more pronounced. The Pretty One fetched me and we were home before 22:00. Friday I was very groggy and spent the day in front of DSTV on the couch. Saturday morning I took things easy and by 15:00 I was feeling better. My daughter turned 25 on Sunday and they had a big party planned for Saturday evening. So we were kindly requested to evacuate so that the next generation could do there thing. We went to a friend (Johan Barkhuizen) and had a great kuier and slept over at his place. After a very substantial breakfast we braved the return to home to see how big the damage was. It was actually not as bad as anticipated. Yesterday I gave birth (the constipation is also by now a standard symptom) and by last night a bit of normality returned to the digestive track. I hope to start riding again tonight.
30 Sep, Fri - Another month is done and dusted. Time really flies when you have lots to do. On Tuesday afternoon we went for a short ride. Wednesday was somehow filled with delivering stuff all over. I even took a drive out to Hartebeespoortdam on the far western side of Pretoria. I arrived back in time for a ride, but could not tear The Pretty One away from her desk and promptly got some urgent design work to do. So the ride never happened. Thursday I started building a new shelve system in my workshop and by 16:00 I was in no condition to get on a mountain bike and ride. I was in a couch hugging condition. I will leave shortly to draw blood for a white blood cell count. If it is too low then it becomes easy to pick up all sorts of infections.
The clean wall
The back of the shelves taking shape

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaco
    Thanks for your prompt reply - I surfed on and realised this was you. Mate, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time - you sound as though you're a battler of note (an imspiring one at that!) I have book marked your blog and will check in from time to time.
    Take care, Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff. I just love life so I try and live 100% in spite of what life throws at me

    ReplyDelete