Friday, October 15, 2010

Cousin2Cousin

The planned route
I have many cousins, but 2 of them are significant as far as this blog posting is concerned. Marike and Helena. They are both farming with their husbands in beautiful areas of South Africa. Marike farms South of Newcastle and Helena farms North of Fousriesburg.

During November we will be having a kuier on Helena's farm and I thought it a good idea to ride my Mountain bike from Marike's farm. A distance of 260km. Non stop. Basically unsupported (I will be able to call for help an I will be tracked). Harrismith is in between, but I would want to miss that - north or south - hence the red circular route. I think for now I am leaning towards the northern route since south will involve a stretch of tar I am not to keen for.

So who is keen to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment