Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Family Time

The Pajero and Mountain Bike near Kosi Bay
The beautiful seed of the local Cycad
Friday night's Kampvuur
Elephant in the road...
Plenty Njala
Quenching a big thirst
So my mother just turned 70 and we took her to Kosi Bay. We were a big crowd of 15 people and went camping at Banga Nek or something to that effect. Quite a long drive there but everybody arrived and we had a lekker kampvuur on Friday night.

Saturday we left early for Tembe Elephant Park and eventually we found the Elephants. Saw quite a lot of game, even a crocodile.

Birthday girl left and her sister (Ina and Ria)
Mum deflating Swarrie's Pajero's wheels for the sand

Sunday I got up early and with deflated tires I did some serious sand training. Went well actually and I even got to ride on the beach into a 25k/h headwind. I had to put serious effort in to keep a speed of 10k/h going. And then I turned around... Hammered it back to the entry point and rode some more sandy roads. (I must say the Pajero is much more suited to the thick sand than the Merida, but I coped. Wide tires, low preassure...)


We packed and took the very scenic road back to Empangeni for another gastronomical feast.

Monday morning we left early and dropped my sister's daughter in Vryheid at her school and headed back to Pretoria. Certainly did not do as much mountain bike training as I wanted to, but what a very enjoyable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment