Thursday, June 2, 2011

Haenertsberg to Camp Makhutsi 30 May 2011

  "I knew I was in trouble when I took 3.5 houers to get up to Wolkberg office - it should take 2.5 hours. The ridge along the Mohlapitse river was slower because of wet conditions and the Orrie Baragwanath Pass was detereorated. This combined with my lack of fitness made a very long day and pushed me into Zomby mode. After recovering a bit I decided to rest day 5. I need to be in Pietermaritzburg by a certain day so I also abandoned the EFI (every fabulous inch) idea and got the opportunity to Pelgrims Rest. From here I will continue with a couple of shorter days and see how it goes. Thanks to Steven and Paul who rode the first 4 days with me (more infront) and for the Pretty One and her Inlaws who made the Mobile Support Station into a very memorable experience. Now I rest and tomorrow it is only me, my backpack and my bike. Neither has given me a single hassle so far."
Wolkberg

Unfortunately Jaco had a fall in the river and the tracking unit received from Ben de Lange got very wet.
Orrie Baragwanath Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment